Thursday, July 26, 2007

Enough Flying Already!!


"The Final Four" - (L-R) Amanda, Jessica, Emily & Kurtis

With my vacation regrettably over I decided to calculate the airline miles I traveled. I found a website where you plug in your takeoff and landing destinations and after inputting all 19 of the flights I was surprised to find out I had traveled more than 30,000 air miles. To me that sounds like a lot of miles in a 30 days period.


Fortunately, I traveled nearly all those miles with family and friends. Without family and friends I would not have been having such a great time, as the airlines repeatedly cancelled or delayed flights. In my final trip back to the US from Athens, Greece, it took a patience-taxing three days for me and my vacation buddies to reach home!

The photo above was taken in Dallas on the third day while we were awaiting the final flight to reach home. We were the last of our group of 35 to get home yet the young ladies were real troopers who kept their spirits high despite all the delays during the final stages of our adventure.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Kurt, as always your blog is entertaining and educational. You should write travel books!