Saturday, March 04, 2006

Springtime is Barbeque Time


For all of you who barbeque even in the snow and rain (like my family and I do at home), you know it doesn't have to be good weather to cookout. Well, this weekend was SO NICE I had to cook something outside.

I went to the local fish market and bought a tuna and a grouper. I had the tuna cut into steaks and filleted the grouper. I cooked the grouper enclosed in tin foil with a mix of scallions, onion chunks, fresh garlic, green peppers and tiny little hot pickled peppers from Turkey all covered with a bit of teriyaki, soy and Worchester sauces mixed together and OH MY GOSH! I cooked a potato with garlic and onions to go with it and nuked some frozen peas. The fish was so good I forgot the peas in the microwave until I was almost finished.

What a perfect barbeque. Only thing missing was family and friends! :-) BTW - SSK had a fish-head soup feast for about four days. She REALLY loves me now. I may not do that again though, as I had a heckuva time getting the fish smell out of my soup pot. Any pointers from you cooks out there on how to get rid of that fish smell?

No comments: